Tuesday, September 10, 2013

You've got to be kidding me....

I don't usually get political on this blog, but today's an exception. With everything that's going on in the world, here's what my Congressman decided was a high enough priority to send an e-mail: What he's doing about 'Women's issues' and all the good girly-stuff he did on the 93d anniversary of our right to vote. No joke. Nothing about the huge national debt, or that Syria thing. Thanks for that 10 September e-mail with such timely and important info, Congressman!  Did I miss the e-mail with an invitation to a town hall about the 2014 budget while you were home on recess? Oh, never got one, did I?  Perhaps you couldn't be bothered to drive the 50 miles down here to have one.

I am so impressed that you started a Women's Leadership Council.  I'm sure they will have a major influence on your almost 100% party-line voting record. I am so glad that you reminded us of Women's Equality Day. News flash: many of us aren't that shallow. We don't need your paternalistic BS. We need you to grow a spine and get tough on the national borrowing and spending issues, defunding the looming healthcare nightmare and keeping us out of a new front in the Middle East.

I'll let you all know if I get a 9/11 e-mail.  Maybe it will be about the important steps he's taking to ensure that billboards along local Interstate highways have at least 3 colors so we won't suffer from eye fatigue.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Is this a bad time to mention I love it when chicks get all angry and hot like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd known that I would have verbally blown a gasket on my blogs months ago, just for you! I purposefully shy away from that for lots of reasons, but mostly because you, K, and the Mohave Rat take care of it for me!

      Delete